Nigeria’s Channels TV have done a great job of covering the SCOAN disaster in a balanced and thorough way. In an extensive hour long interview, SCOAN spokesman Ken Emeakayi (a former politician who was allegedly once kidnapped but rescued thanks to the anointed water) wilted under the questions put to him by the presenters and viewers. His words were a mixture of blatant lies, and bold definitive statements that will most likely soon be exposed as lies. For example:
- CCTV clearly shows the plane was a Hercules C-130 and it hovered less than 40’ from the building (First of all, a plane cannot hover and wasn’t shown to hover in the video, second if the plane was as large as a C-130, then it was considerably further away than 40′)
- Building fell down between 5 to 15 minutes after the plane last hovered, in fact their own CCTV footage shows it to be nearly an hour, to which he claims “it is not possible” (Part 5, first section). See screenshots below, and compare for yourself on the Emmanuel TV youtube channel.
- No building in the world has ever fallen down like this all by itself (The presenter is quick to rubbish this ridiculous claim), it must have been a controlled explosion.
- In these days of modern technology, explosions don’t always make a noise.
- We were not doing any construction work on the auditorium. The only work being done was on interiors, the exterior and structure was complete (see photo showing scaffolding, missing windows and unrendered exterior)
Bold statements, likely to be exposed as lies
- We had approval for 12 floors, the authorities have come and inspected the foundations and found they were suitable for a 12 storey building.
- We have provided all approval documentation to the authorities (the authorities claim they’ve provided nothing)
- The sound of the explosion was captured by the CCTV (then why wasn’t it on the video they released and why is he talking about new “silent explosions”?!)
He was evasive with the truth for the entire interview. When asked about the allegation that TB Joshua bribed journalists to only report those who survived, not the deaths, he claimed he knew nothing of it, and that it was impossible it would have happened (he’s either lying or kept so isolated from outside news sources that he’s genuinely not aware that his master was caught on tape bribing journalists).
When asked 4 times how many people had died, he refused to give an answer, saying that wasn’t the job of the church. Again, SCOAN are trying desperately to ignore that fact that multitudes died on their site.
We commend the presenters on Channels TV for asking the hard questions that should be on everyone’s mind, for example:
- Don’t planes often fly over this area?
- How do you know it’s the same aircraft?
- There are multiple guest houses, why did the plane target this specific one, that happened to be under construction?
- Why would the “man of God” have been expected to be in that guest house when the supposed attempt on his life took place?
- If you know that you have done nothing wrong and you have the proof, what have you got to worry about?
- The CCTV that captured the plane hovering – did the same CCTV capture when those explosives were put in there? Did you see those who planted it?
- CCTV Video appears to show helicopter, photo clearly shows a C-130 plane. They are two different aircraft.
- You have said multiple times that the aircraft was hovering, but the CCTV clips just show it following a path near the building, coming and going. It’s not hovering, or circling.
- Don’t you think you’re exaggerating the aircraft issue?
- Why would an aircraft be needed to detonate the explosives? Isn’t that quite an indiscreet way of doing it?
What a shame Mr Emeakayi was either unwilling or unable to give a coherent answer to any of these questions. We’ll close with the words of a commenter from the Channels TV site that sums up our feelings very well:
I listened to the guy’s cock-and-bull on Channels TV Sunrise programme in the morning. It was too good to be true. I couldn’t believe his blank yet persistent attempt at deception. He couldn’t even convince himself! I am shocked at the length men can go to deviously manipulate others in the name of Christ. I can’t blame them. I blame those who would rather believe the flowery lies of preachers/false preachers without cross checking with the Bible. THAT GUY WAS A BAD LIAR.
Full interview (5 parts)