TB Joshua has just released version 3.0 of his anointed water packaging. The packaging for anointed water 2.0 boldly claimed that it was “for the salvation of your soul“. Presumably since the release of 2.0 someone explained to TB Joshua that only the blood of Jesus could provide salvation, so incredibly for version 3.0 he labels his anointed water “the blood of Jesus“. You can’t make this stuff up.
Sadly, all the hysteria about the new, upgraded anointed water packaging turned to tragedy on Sunday when a stampede happened at SCOAN Ghana. 4 people were killed and many others injured, according to a police officer at the scene “15 people who were seriously injured, some with broken limbs, many others collapsed but were resuscitated.” (source)
This crush happened because desperate people sincerely believed that the solution to their problems lay in a little bottle of water. Why do they believe this? Because TB Joshua has told them. In a video accompanying the release of the new packaging TB Joshua claims that the water is the solution to your business problems, marital issues, financial constraints, sicknesses and other such issues.
Is there a biblical basis for these claims?
The SCOAN website says there is:
Throughout the Scriptures, we see clear proof that God can use any medium to express Himself:
- In Acts 19:11-12, God used the medium of Paul’s handkerchief and aprons to heal the sick.
- In Exodus 14:16, God used the medium of Moses’ staff to split the Red Sea.
- In Acts 3:6, God used the voice of His servants, Peter and John to raise a crippled man.
- In 2 Kings 5:14, God used the medium of a dirty river to heal Namaan.
- In Acts 2:1-2, God expressed Himself through the medium of sound at the time of Pentecost
- In 1 Samuel 17:49, God used David’s catapult to defeat the giant Goliath.
- In John 9:6-7, Jesus used mud and saliva to heal a blind man.
- In Acts 4:15-16, God used the medium of Peter’s shadow to heal the sick.
But did David start producing anointed catapults? Did Peter start renting out his shadow? Did some enterprising disciple start distributing anointed mud and saliva? No! God spontaneously used these mediums to express himself, but there is zero evidence of a particular medium ever becoming a pattern.
This anointed water is billed as TB Joshua’s anointed water. People believe it is through this medium their breakthrough will come because the water “connects” them to TB Joshua and his anointing. This is has nothing to do with the Christian faith. Christians believe that all mankind is fallen and needs redemption through the blood of Jesus, but that redemption is available to all directly – no man of God, priest or intercessor required.
Perhaps, like Peters miraculous escape from prison God will also miraculously grant you breakthrough in an area of suffering, or maybe like James (who was execulted) your breakthrough will come beyond the grave. Maybe your healing will come instantly, or maybe like the great Apostle Paul you will be tormented in your weakness, but through it you will learn that His grace is sufficient for you, His power is made perfect in weakness (2 Cor 12:9).
Four people are dead because they desperately wanted this anointed water. Many others are alleged to have died after naively putting their trust in a little bottle of tap water instead of the medication trained doctors had prescribed.
Don’t put your hope in this water, don’t put your hope in a man who sets himself up as a false christ. We encourage you to pray for those who have lost loved ones, and pray that this deception ends swiftly.
If you’re still not convinced, ask yourself the following questions:
If TB Joshua is a prophet with the track record of predicting disasters that he claims, why didn’t he predict this one?
If the anointed water has miraculous healing powers, why did the SCOAN branch in Ghana not bring it out to heal those injured, or to raise the dead back to life?
- If you believe that Jesus is the healer, not TB Joshua – what is the point in this water?
- 4 Die In T.B Joshua’s Church During Stampede For Holy Water (deejaysenator.wordpress.com)
- Repost: TB Joshua, a false Christ? (tbjoshuawatch.wordpress.com)
- The damaging teaching about spiritual husbands and wives (tbjoshuawatch.wordpress.com)
- Four People Dead After Stampede at Ghana Church Service (blackchristiannews.com)