The whole world has been watching the mysterious disappearance of Malaysian Airways flight MH370. Only one person seems to know what happened to it, everyones favourite false Prophet, TB Joshua.
Here is a timeline of actual events alongside TB Joshua’s “predictions”, followed by an analysis of what he has actually contributed.
28th July, 2013 – TB Joshua predicts a plane carrying nearly 200 people will crash in “Asia” metres from the runway. It will be due to an obvious fault that could have been solved if the crew weren’t so impatient.
8th March, 2014 – Malaysian Airways flight MH370 disappears from the radar over the south china sea. Immediately an international rescue mission takes place, searching for a wreckage in the sea around the area contact was lost.
8th March, 2014 – TB Joshua releases an edited version of the 2013 prophecy, omitting the part where he claimed it would crash metres from the runway due to an obvious fault.
9th March, 2014 – TB Joshua Watch call for TB Joshua to reveal the location of the plane, since he claims so confidently that God had shown him this disaster happening 8 months ago.
9th March, 2014 – Approximately 8 hours after the TB Joshua Watch post, the TB Joshua Ministries official Facebook page reveal the location of the plane……. In the ocean! Particles will begin to appear on the surface any moment now, he claims.
14th March, 2014 – After several days of speculation that the plane may have flown on for hours, suggesting an element of foul play, the search switches to the Indian Ocean after unspecified “new information”. Although yet to be officially announced, the press are widely reporting that the flight had been hijacked.
15th March, 2014 – TB Joshua brags that he’s the only minister who’s been talking about this for the last year (even though what he mentioned a year ago was very different). He advises the rescuers to start searching between Indonesia and the Indian Ocean (the search moved to this area at least 24 hours prior to his “recommendation”). He says there are some strange people in the plane, who are not meant to be inside. There was a battle on the air, the plane turned back. The pilot confronted a situation he could not handle. The whole thing is coming to an end, they will discover the plane any moment from now. This coming week, we will not be talking about it again.
What we have seen so far is very illuminating. You can see clearly two deceptive techniques TB Joshua employs in order to make people think he’s a true prophet:
- Make things as ambiguous as possible. For example, the “strange people on board” and the pilot “confronting a situation he could not handle”. This seems like it implies highjacking, but also could be twisted (especially with a little editing) to fit the more likely hypothesis of pilot suicide. If he really knew what happened why not say “it was hijacked” or “it was pilot suicide”?
- Reveal details after they become public knowledge. He said it was in the ocean when it was only the ocean being searched, and since the ocean covers 70% of the earth’s surface, that doesn’t exactly help locate it. He suggested they search between Indonesia and the Indian Ocean a few days after the search had switched its focus to there. He implies foul play, after the press have widely reported it.
If he had told them to search between Indonesia and the Indian Ocean while they were still focusing on the south China sea, that would have been impressive.
If he had revealed that the plane had been deliberately diverted when they still thought it had suffered a catastrophic failure, that would have been impressive.
As it stands, he’s not offered anything of any use. However, there are a few points that he can’t retract or twist:
- The plane is in the sea. This is a safe bet to hedge because that seems the only likely hypothesis, but until the plane is found, that cannot be certain.
- The plane will be found any moment from now (that was first said 9 days ago, so time is ticking on that prediction).
- By the end of the week, the mystery will be solved (we will no longer be talking about it).
We hope that TB Joshua’s followers will at least hold him to these points, but will also pay attention to the order in which his predictions have been revealed. This has been an event where someone with genuine knowledge could have been incredibly helpful and become very well known. What TB Joshua has said has added nothing.
Finally, TB Joshua aside – please pray for the families who must be going through unimaginable pain, not knowing what has happened to their loved ones.